Pumpkin Spice Cannabis? Check Out These Fall-Inspired Edible Recipes
There’s nothing like pumpkin spice during the chilly fall months. But can you make pumpkin spice cannabis? Absolutely you can! Here are two recipes that should fill your belly and relax your spirit.
How to Make Pumpkin Spice Cannabutter
This fall twist adds in a delightful bit of pumpkin flavor to the classic sweet and salty flavor of butter. Before you begin this recipe, you will first need cannabutter. Follow these instructions for making cannabutter.
½ Cup CannaButter
⅓-½ Cup Honey (preferably organic wildflower)
2-4 Tablespoons Canned Pumpkin (use less or more based on desired thickness)
½ Teaspoon Pumpkin Spice (you could also mix or add cinnamon and cloves to taste)
Spoon for Stirring
2 Mixing Bowls
Jar or Container for Cannabutter
1. Soften your cannabutter. Using an electric mixer, whip the cannabutter for about 90 seconds in a mixing bowl. The consistency should turn fluffy.
2. Take the second mixing bowl and combine the honey, pumpkin and spices. Stir until thoroughly mixed, then add this mixture to the bowl with the cannabutter.
3. Whip the cannabutter and pumpkin-honey mixture for another 90 seconds.
4. Chill the pumpkin spice cannabutter overnight. Enjoy responsibly! Also, you can use cannabis-infused honey for an even stronger mixture. Recipe below. Again, be responsible when dosing.
How to Make Cannabis Honey (with or without spices)
Enjoy this sweet and decadent way to medicate with medical cannabis.You can even toss in some pumpkin spice or cloves (to taste) while simmering for a little pumpkin flavor.
1 Cup Honey
⅛ – ¼ Ounce Cannabis Buds (ground)
Spoon for Stirring
Cheesecloth, Fine Mesh Strainer or Nut Milk Bag
Honey Jar (preferably with a wide lid) or a canning jar
Parchment Paper or Silicone Mat
Cloves, Cinnamon or Pumpkin Spice (to taste, optional)
1. Use the steps in the first recipe for decarbing your cannabis.
2. Using a double boiler, combine dry flower medical cannabis with the honey.
3. Simmer the honey and cannabis on low heat for 40-60 minutes. Make sure your mixtures DOES NOT boil. Stir frequently. The honey should turn greener as the mixture simmers. Once finished, allow the mixture to cool.
4. A honey jar with a wide lid is best for this step. You could also strain your honey into a canning jar. Grab a cheesecloth and pour your mixture into the cheesecloth (a nut milk bag may work, but test it before straining). Strain the cannabis and honey until all the honey has left the cheesecloth and transferred into your container. Discard the cannabis.
5. Enjoy responsibly! Your cannabis honey should last 1-3 months. This tasty treat can be added to coffee, tea, toast, eggs, baked goods and so much more!
Be Careful With Edibles
It is important to stress that edibles can take a long time to begin to work. And worse, a little can go a long way! Because there are concentrated doses of cannabis in edibles, too much can result in a less desirable or negative reaction. We don’t want that for our patients. Be sure to consult your Green Health Docs physician or your budtender to ensure safe, proper dosing with edibles. And always remember to start slow, wait an hour and then have a little more if you’re not feeling much.
But before you can make those edibles, you’re gonna need a medical marijuana card! Green Health Docs is currently serving Maryland, Missouri, New York and Oklahoma. To contact our physicians and get your card, simply call 1-877-242-0362. Our team can walk you through the entire process, from setting up your evaluation (either in-person or over the phone) to obtaining your medical records, or any questions you may have about medical cannabis. You can even schedule your appointment online now. So get started today!