Maryland Dispensary Locations
Eighty-eight medical marijuana dispensaries have opened their doors in Maryland since 2017. More are set to open in the coming months. If you don’t have a medical marijuana card, Green Health Docs can help. We make it easy for patients to certify for a Maryland medical marijuana card online.
Maryland Medical Marijuana Dispensary Locations
The Maryland Medical Cannabis Commission has authorized 102 dispensaries to operate within the state. The majority of these dispensaries are already open; the rest are working through phase 2 of the approval process.
You can find dispensaries throughout the state in communities like:
- Silver Spring
- White Plains
To find a dispensary near you, use the interactive map on this page. Zoom in and out to optimize your view, and click on specific markers to view dispensary information. This map will be updated as new Maryland medical marijuana dispensaries open their doors. Be sure to check back often.
What Can You Find in Maryland Medical Marijuana Dispensaries?
These dispensaries are authorized to carry a variety of formulations, including:
- Cannabis flower
- Vape oils
Patients are allowed to carry up to 120 grams of cannabis under most circumstances, and dispensaries are allowed to sell each patient the equivalent of 36 grams of THC per month.
Before you can gain entry and purchase these products, you’ll need to become a licensed patient.
How Much Does It Cost to Purchase Medical Marijuana in Maryland?
The cost of medical marijuana in Maryland varies based on several factors, including:
- The potency of the product
- The type of product (flower, concentrate, edible, etc…)
- Whether the product is indica- or sativa-based (indicas may cost slightly more)
- The scarcity or popularity of the product
You can expect to pay an average of $10 to $15 per gram, which is on par with the national average. Many dispensaries publish their menu online, so you can view prices before visiting.
How to Access Maryland Medical Marijuana Dispensaries
The process for becoming a patient is a bit different than in other states. Most states require you to obtain a physician’s certification and then register for your card, but Maryland requires you to register first.
- Visit the MMCC website and create an account. You’ll need a current Maryland photo ID and a clear, recent photograph.
- Visit a state-licensed physician to undergo an evaluation and receive your written certification. Qualifying conditions include cachexia, chronic or severe pain, anorexia, glaucoma, and PTSD. Click here for a complete list of Maryland qualifying conditions.
- Return to the MMCC website and print your temporary MMCC Patient ID Card. You’re now free to visit any medical marijuana dispensary in Maryland.
A Patient ID Card costs $50, but it’s not required. You can still access all state dispensaries as long as you have:
- Your Patient ID Number
- Your photo ID
- Your written certification
The card just gives you an extra degree of convenience.
Please note that you must purchase medical marijuana within 120 days of becoming a patient. If you don’t, the certification is voided.
Get Certified to Shop at Maryland Dispensaries
If you still need your written certification, Green Health Docs offers telemedicine evaluations. One of our licensed physicians will meet with you via video teleconference to assess your condition and provide you with an immediate recommendation. If you don’t qualify, you get 100% of your money back.
To schedule your appointment, call us at 1-877-242-0362 or apply online. Once we get you certified, you can refer to the map on this page to find your nearest dispensaries.