Louisiana Medical Marijuana Qualifying Conditions
A Natural Alternative for LA Residents
The state of Louisiana has provided a list of medical conditions that they consider to be qualifying for the use of medical marijuana. Below you can view the list of approved medical conditions provided by the state of Louisiana to find out if you qualify for a LA medical card.
Qualifying Conditions List for Louisiana Medical Marijuana
- Any of the following neurodegenerative diseases and conditions:
- Alzheimer’s disease
- Amyotrophic lateral sclerosis
- Huntington’s disease
- Lewy body dementia
- Motor neuron disease
- Parkinson’s disease
- Spinal muscular atrophy
- Positive status for human immunodeficiency virus
- Acquired immune deficiency syndrome
- Cachexia or wasting syndrome
- Seizure disorders
- Severe muscle spasms
- Intractable pain
- Crohn’s disease
- Muscular dystrophy
- Multiple sclerosis
- Post traumatic stress disorder
- Any of the following conditions associated with autism spectrum disorder:
- Repetitive or self-stimulatory behavior of such severity that the physical health of the person with autism is jeopardized
- Avoidance of others or inability to communicate of such severity that the physical health of the person with autism is jeopardized
- Self-injuring behavior
- Physically aggressive or destructive behavior
- Traumatic brain injury
- A concussion diagnosed by a physician
- Chronic pain associated with fibromyalgia
- Chronic pain associated with sickle cell disease
- Any condition for which a patient is receiving hospice care or palliative care
- Any condition not otherwise specified in this Subparagraph that a physician, in his medical opinion, considers debilitating to an individual patient and is qualified through his medical education and training to treat.
Apply for a Medical Marijuana Card Online Today
Join over 100,000 patients who have chosen Green Health Docs as their medical cannabis doctors. We have a 99% approval rate and offer a 100% money back guarantee!
How to Get a Louisiana Medical Marijuana Card
If you’re interested in obtaining a Louisiana medical marijuana card, Green Health Docs can help. Visit our Louisiana page to schedule an online telemedicine appointment with a doctor. You’ll just need a valid photo ID and to have one of the LA qualifying medical conditions to get started. If you have any questions or would prefer to schedule your Louisiana medical card appointment over the phone, give us a call or text 7 days per week at 240-356-1000.
This article is reviewed by Dr. Anand Dugar, an anesthesiologist and pain medicine physician. He is also the founder of Green Health Docs. Graduating from medical school in 2004 and residency in 2008, Dr. Dugar has been a licensed physician for almost 20 years and has been leading the push for medical cannabis nationwide.