Utah Medical Marijuana Card Renewal Online
Renew Your Utah Medical Marijuana Card from the Convenience of Your Home
STEP 1: Doctor Certification Renewal
The Utah Department of Health requires patients to be re-evaluated by a licensed medical marijuana doctor multiple times their first year to renew their certification and continue to be able to purchase products at dispensaries. The state requires your first evaluation to be in-person, however each follow-up visit may be done online via telemedicine. We offer easy and convenient telemedicine evaluations to get your Utah marijuana card renewed online. The evaluation follow-up schedule can be found below:
• Initial Evaluation – The state requires the first consultation with a medical marijuana doctor to be in-person.
• 90-Day Follow-Up – Takes place 90 days after the initial evaluation. Online telemedicine appointments are available.
• 6-Month Follow-Up –Takes place 6 months after the 90-day follow-up. Online telemedicine appointments are available.
• 2nd 6-Month Follow-Up – Takes place 6 months after the 1st 6-month follow-up. Online telemedicine appointments are available.
• Yearly Follow-Up – Takes place 1 year after the 2nd 6-month follow-up and each year following. Online telemedicine appointments are available.
STEP 2: Medical Marijuana Registration Renewal
Once you are re-certified after each follow-up visit, you will need to renew your registration online with the state and pay the required registration fee. The state fee is $15 for the initial, $5 for the 90-day, and $15 for the 6-month and yearly renewals. You can renew by logging on to your patient portal found here and selecting the “Renewal” option.